Benefits coming out from LEXIS Platform
Benefits coming out from LEXIS are numerous, some being very specific to sectors already involved in the LEXIS project and platform (Aerospace, Weather & Climate, Earthquakes & Tsunami).
The main benefits out of LEXIS PLATFORM are:
- Fully operational at short term, based on existing top-level infrastructures, sound innovation, with the backup of world-class scientific teams, super-computing centres, industry leaders and specialists.
- Tangible performance and demonstrated value for users via the three pilots embedded in the LEXIS project (Aerospace, Weather & Climate, Earthquake & Tsunami).
- A one-stop shop where scientists and industries can find everything to cover their needs and developments:
- Computing and data management platform (HPC/Big Data/HPDA/Cloud with an Orchestration set of tools and methods, including full accessibility via a Cloud solutions)
- Security and Compliance
- Data Management
- Scientific Assistance
- IP assistance
- Technical Support
- LEXIS is open: Structure designed for welcoming scientific projects, Industry projects, from giant organisations to very small ones i.e. SMEs and Technical Start-ups in Europe. LEXIS is also a naturally fertile ground for cross-sectors innovation, by design.
- Scalability & Flexibility: future proof, LEXIS can adapt to new technological developments, allowing considerable extension in scope (existing and future fields, datasets – structured and not structured) and capabilities (Computing, Data Management, Orchestration …).
LEXIS is already designed to deliver beyond-state-of-the-art progress, and is structured to evolve keeping this forward-thinking and operational approach in its development, including beyond the end of the current LEXIS project, for the benefit of the European ecosystem.