The LEXIS (Large-scale EXecution for Industry & Society) Project is building an advanced engineering Platform at the confluence of HPC, Cloud and Big Data which will leverage large-scale geographically-distributed resources from existing HPC infrastructure, employ Big Data Analytics solutions and augment them with Cloud services.
Driven by the requirements of the pilots, the LEXIS Platform, developed and build on best of breed data management solutions and advanced, distributed orchestration solutions, is augmenting them with new efficient hardware and software capabilities in the form of Data Nodes and federation, usage monitoring and accounting/billing supports to realize an innovative solution.
The consortium develops a demonstrator with a significant Open Source dimension including validation, test, and documentation. It is validated in three pilots – in the industrial and scientific sectors (Aeronautics, Earthquake and Tsunami, Weather and Climate).
On top of this validation via the 3 pilots, the consortium intends to add another level of validation via opening the LEXIS Platform to various type of projects in the framework of an Open Call.
One of the important objectives of the LEXIS project is to create Open Call mainly but not exclusively to the following key industrial sectors:
- Earthquake, Tsunami and Flooding,
- Weather and Climate
- Civil protection,
- Health Care,
- Life Sciences & Pharmaceuticals,
- Oil & Gas, Energy,
- Weather-related information services (e.g., for the EU Copernicus programme).
Computing scenario targeted:
- Classic computing
- Event-triggered computing (also named urgent computing)
- Artificial intelligence (machine learning, deep learning)
We will target projects from various external stakeholders:
- Research organisations,
- Industry – big players,
- SMEs, and among them start-ups,
- Other projects from the EU funded ones (H2020 / EuroHPC) when possible and relevant.
The Open Call is organised in 2 waves or stages:
- Stage 1: from June 2020, the LEXIS Consortium invites some specific projects to participate in this Open Call. 7 projects are already under discussion.
- Stage 2: from September 2020, the LEXIS Consortium will publish an Open Call where organisations can submit their Application Experiments Projects. The LEXIS Open Call Board will then operate a selection among the submitted projects. The full documentation and technical details, rules, processes, and forms for Applicants will be published end of this summer.
You can register your interest in the LEXIS Open Call and receive alerts and news about the Open Call using the form below: