Help and Support
DEDICATED PROJECT MANAGER
For each Application Experiment selected for the Open Call, the LEXIS Consortium will appoint a dedicated Project Manager who will be the coordinator and the main point of access for each Applicant.
This will ensure a smooth and efficient monitoring of each Applicant’s project for better efficiency.
In addition, the Project Manager will have to manage the reporting to the LEXIS Consortium and to manage the collection of qualitative and quantitative data needed for the LEXIS quality monitoring and as such will help the Consortium to identify the potential issues and their solutions.
Both at IT4I and at LRZ, large-scale HPC infrastructures in the Petaflop range (with HEAppE front-end) and Cloud infrastructures (IaaS OpenStack for running VMs) with together more than 3,000 CPU cores are accessible.
On the storage side, we provide >200TB of storage altogether without large bureaucratic barriers. Besides this, our Burst-Buffer systems can be used as a very quick intermediate data store in the multi-TB range, based on SSDs and NVRAM.
Training sessions will be organized for Applicants:
- Usage of the platform and its web portal access (for every Applicant),
- Project specific trainings (custom made) if relevant for the implementation of the Applicant Project.
Even though a great effort is being invested in developing user friendly and partially automated LEXIS user experience, we know that the power of the solution and its flexibility comes from its richness and from very advanced technology. Such a concentrate of technology is very complex and may not be understood by the candidate of the Open Call.
This means that every new LEXIS Applicant will need to be walked through the solution with the support of LEXIS technical experts or professional services. Such service may include:
- Applicant´s workflow analysis and decomposition in tasks,
- Identification of the best suited resources for each task,
- Identification of applicant-specific constraints: immediate availability of resources, resource reservation, real-time aspects, data location, national regulations, etc.,
- Environment set-up: as a result, one or more applicant´s workflow variants/proposals and matching set of resources translated into Alien4Cloud /TOSCA objects,
Runtime/production/exploitation technical support (scheduling issues, stalled or crashed jobs, security management, etc.).